Please note that due to the hot weather, with have a HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT
The National Weather Service has issued a Heat Advisory in effect from August 11th until August 14th,. Temperatures are predicted in triple digits and so CHOA will open Rec Hall C (8298 SW Lafayette Way) from 1:00 to 9:00 pm as a cooling center on Wednesday thru Saturday this week.
The Oregon Health Authority recommends the following:
- Drink more water than usual and don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink.
- Check on a friend or neighbor, and have someone do the same for you.
- Check the local news for health and safety updates regularly.
- Don’t use the stove or oven to cook – it will make you and your house hotter.
- Wear loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing.
- Take cool showers or baths to cool down.
- Seek medical care immediately if you or someone you know experiences symptoms of heat-related illness. If in doubt, call 911.
- If you or a neighbor is in need of a wellness check, please call the office at 503-694-2300 during regular business hours 8:30 am to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday or non emergency police at 503-655-8211