Charbonneau Homeowners Association Board Meeting Minutes for June 9, 2021

Charbonneau Homeowners Association Board Meeting Minutes for

June 9, 2021



Board Members Present:

Barry Hendrix, Randy Hitz, Sandie Maki, Packard Phillips Robin Shultz, and Janet McGarrigle

Absent:  Ken Gregson, Paul Sundstom, and Karen Siegel


Also Present:

Steve Chinn, Property Manager



Sandy Batte, Mike Tewell, and Jan Landis


Call to order at 10:00 AM



May meeting minutes were approved.


Treasurer’s Report 

Most or all of the storm damage has been addressed.  Steve will check to see if all invoices have been sent to us.



Jan Landis requested that we open the Rec Hall and that we use the same policies as the Country Club.




Emergency Preparedness

Sandy Batte, Co-Chair of the CCC Emergency Preparedness/Public Safety Committee, reported changes will take place in the emergency preparedness and safety committee.  In the “shakeout” drill all residents will take care of their own homes first and then gather at a prearranged place instead of sheltering in place.  People with health or mobility issues will continue to shelter in place.  We should have one “captain” per twelve to fifteen homes.  CCC trains captains and assists with planning.


Alarm Systems in CHOA –

Ken has verified that we have 69 Wilsonville Lock users.  Barry will talk with Wilsonville Lock about this and negotiate accordingly.


Website Support –

The new website will be up on July 1.  Some people are not receiving the CHOA notices that are sent.  They will check their spam to see if they are showing up there.


Villager Articles –

Karen will write about working with the Golf Club in landscaping around the restroom on red five.


Changes to the CCRs

We will follow up on our May motion in August.


Investment Policy/Financial Advisor

The board is still working on developing a policy related to investing funds.



Pools –.

We need two monitors for each pool.

Janet reported that one resident had a bad experience in F & G involving rude behavior.  The “rude” person acted as if she had a right to the pool by herself.  Steve said he knows who the person is and will talk with her.


Rec Hall C

The board agreed to pilot opening the Rec Hall with the limitation of ten people at a time and the requirement that users clean up and sanitize the facilities when finished.  All other rules regarding Rec Hall use also apply.  We will try this with Jan Landis and if it works we will open the Hall for everyone.


Landscape –

There was some discussion of parking landscaping equipment in CHOA parking lots overnight.  Steve will look into using the golf course maintenance area though that was stopped several years ago.


Welcome –

Janet had a resident approach her about creating a crocket area.  We will monitor this but will not be proactive at this time.

Some residents have asked about having Sunday as a time when we limit use of noisy equipment such as power washers and leaf blowers.  Steve reminded us that City code covers this issue.

One resident did not understand that CHOA, like all HOAs, covers homeowner’s insurance and all residents much pay for the same coverage.  It is the escrow agent’s responsibility to ensure the buyer understand this.




No new business